Saturday 12 November 2011

Manchester science Festival 2011: day4

I spent the day at the Manchester Museum on Oxford Road working with another lovely volunteer by the name of Amena which she told me is israeli for trustworthy which is nice. The theme there this year is Egyptology. Setting up the crafts aspect this year was certainly quicker than in previous years! The kids were making pyramids. We directed people around the museum and then filled in evaluation forms. The afternoons event was awesome, we helped out in a class after lunch wich involved mummifying oranges. Good messy fun for kids of all ages. Alas we were not allowed to take pictures of that but I look forward to the teacher putting up pictures on her website. Don't worry, no toxic chemicals involved, and so one is allowed to take ones mummies home. I aim to try one myself when I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment




I am grateful for any feedback and comments. Thanks for reading and don't be a stranger xxx