Sunday 10 October 2010

Manchester Science Festival 2010



It will soon be here! Put these dates in your diaries 23-31 October. I am excited and looking forward to actively participating in my second science festival as a STEM Ambassador. As usual this takes place over the half term holidays giving parents and their kids alike an opportunity to find out how science is really done. So come along and see for yourselves how fun science really is and we also hope to dispel any misconceptions you may have about scientists too ;) Anyone can have a career in it if they want to! We want to inspire you. See here for the full list of events taking place in the Manchester area
and look out for our science buskers all over the area too. They will give you demo’s which show how much fun science is and a taster of what you can expect at the festival. They are identifiable by their matching brightly coloured shirts. I don’t yet know what colour they are this year, though some people might. Last year was my first one and I found it awesome which is why I’m doing it again. Its wonderful to meet like minded enthusiastic people too. You will be able to pick up a programme from the festival and most events do take place at The Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) in the centre of Manchester. Speaking of programmes, I’ve just received by schedule for it and I will be there for most of it. Hope as well as doing my job I get a glimpse of some of the events. If you see me, Sarah, there, please do come up and say hi ;) Most importantly of all, enjoy and learn :D You will find out about the latest research going on and perhaps see some well known faces. I will be back with more festival news/updates in the near future. Over and out x

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sarah from Mexico City I ´ll be in a festival science here in Puebla BUAP "La Ciudad de las Ideas" on November 10-14 with people like Richard Dawkins, Jared Diamond, Michio Kaku, Elizabeth Pisani and more Grow -Up the Science Forever lololo!!: )and Congratulations your Blog is very cool : )I have one But I think in Manchester you can´t see it I wait yes You can read it I have posts in spanish an english I began with this like 3 weeks ago!! Only have 3 articles but soon I ´ll write more Bye and Hello!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Luis for reading my blog and for your kind words. I'm so glad you like it and thank you so much for commenting. I hope you are having fun at your festival. Look forward to hearing about it ;)

    ReplyDelete




I am grateful for any feedback and comments. Thanks for reading and don't be a stranger xxx